South Carolina AHGP Information


Lancaster County



Lancaster, District, S. C. Situated in the n. part of the state, and contains 524 square miles. Lynche's cr. runs on its e., and Catawba r. on its w. border, by branches of which it is watered. Capital, Lancaster. There were in 1840, neat cattle 10,943, sheep 6,165, swine 15,915; wheat 23,910 bushels produced, Ind. corn 308,832, oats 26,371, potatoes 13,793, cotton 2,647,676 pounds; 18 stores, cap. $60,000; 2 flouring m., 9 grist m., 8 saw m., 19 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $10,970. 1 acad. 6 students, 17 sch. 446 scholars. Pop. whites 5,565, slaves 4,235, free col'd 107; total, 9,907.
Read More about South Carolina, and other States, Counties and towns


Lancaster, C. H., p-v., capital of Lancaster co., S. C., 72 n. n. e. Columbia, 434 W. Situated on a small branch of the Catawba r., and contains a court house, several stores and dwellings.
Read More about South Carolina, and other States, Counties and towns



Back


This page was last updated [an error occurred while processing this directive].
Copyright © 2014~[an error occurred while processing this directive] by The South Carolina American History and Genealogy Project